Companies listed on the Stock Market
Companies that compete for funds in order to generate profits, are a driving force behind the stock market system. Although government securities cannot match the value appreciation potential of private professionally managed ventures, the risks of backing a government entity are likely to be minimal.
Choosing stock market companies for a private portfolio is a challenge because there are contradictory factors to consider, as well as having to contend with large, professionally managed funds as a small investor. Also, individual stock market investors generally miss out on the insights that fund managers glean during direct, intense, and regular interaction with management teams.
Fortunately, the stock market offers a wide choice of profit-making organizations which one can choose to own in part, some of which stand head and shoulders over their peers. Others are ripe for merger and acquisition moves, and thereby offer great hopes of near-term appreciation. However, nothing can match the excitement of being a part of a young budding venture with a promising future. Unfortunately, there is often the proverbial fly in the stock market ointment: some companies approach declines in life-cycles without any overt or convincing attempts to crest new waves. Determining the optimal time to 'jump ship' can leave us in a quandry, and if we missed the cue,sometimes full of recrimination as well!
At Stockmarkets.com we have chosen a range of companies to feature in this section of our website. The majority of them are amongst the best known and largest corporations in the world, though investment principles do apply to small and medium enterprises in equal measure.
Latest News Videos
- Ethical Investing and Shareholder Activism
- Monday 6 October 2014 - Features
- Fed Interest Rate Policy Boosts Markets
- Thursday 18 September 2014 - Markets
- Ponzi Schemes Remain a Threat to Investors
- Thursday 4 September 2014 - News
- US Markets Respond Positively to FOMC Minutes
- Thursday 21 August 2014 - News
- Wall Street Banks to Resubmit Resolution Plans
- Thursday 7 August 2014 - News
- Components of Ethical Investment
- Thursday 17 July 2014 - News